source: google images
We just can’t seem to get enough of the Teen Idol. We want to know everything from their favorite food to who they are dating to am I his or her type? From the 1950′s to 2011 and beyond, we think it’s safe to say, there will always be a teen idol for the generations.
WHO MADE OUR LIST?
- 1. Elvis Aaron Presley (January 8, 1935 – August 16, 1977) was one of the most popular American singers of the 20th century and the original Teen Idol. His talent, good looks, dreamy voice and sex appeal brought millions of girls to tears. Don’t forget all those great Elvis movies he starred in. He was quite the actor!
- 2. Frankie Avalon (September 18, 1940) was on TV as early as age 12. His songs “Venus and “Why” were Billboard Hits and rocketed him to stardom. His 1960′s Beach Party movies with co-star Annette Funicello brought millions of girls to the movies wishing they were her.
- 3. Davy Jones ( December 30, 1945) was the lead singer in the 1960′s band The Monkees. Millions of girls went crazy over this handsome English pop singer-songwriter and actor. Some of his Billboard Hits of the 60′s and 70′s were “I Wanna Be Free”, “Daydream Believer”, and “Girl” . He appeared not only on the Monkees, but The Ed Sullivan Show, British TV Soap Operas, The Brady Bunch, and on Broadway as the Artful Dodger in the production of Oliver!
- 4. Bobby Sherman (July 22, 1943) first appeared on the television series Shindig from 1964 to 1966, as a house singer. He then went on to star in the weekly series Here Come The Brides as a handsome, bashful logger. He is best known for his Billboard Hit songs “Easy Come, Easy Go” and “Julie Do You Love Me”. Bobby Sherman was rated #8 in TV Guide’s list of “TV’s 25 Greatest Teen Idols”.
- 5. David Cassidy (April 12, 1950) who is best known for his role as the character of Keith Partridge in the 1970′s sitcom The Partridge Family, is an actor, singer, songwriter and guitarist. He was one of the most popular teen idols of our time, with his career spanning some 40 years, starting in the 1970s, selling out concert arenas all around the world, and still performing today. David Cassidy recorded 24 singles and 21 albums, with his most popular songs being “Cherish” and “I Think I Love You”. He broke many hearts back in the day with those cute boyish looks and sexy voice, and we can’t forget that David Cassidy hair! My personal favorite teen idol.
- 6. Donny Osmond (December 9, 1957) is a singer, musician, actor, dancer, radio personality, and former teen idol. As if that wasn’t enough, he is also a talk and game show host, record producer and author. He and his four older brothers first appeared on the 1960′s variety program The Andy Williams Show as The Osmond Brothers. Donny became a solo artist in the 1970′s releasing the hit songs “Go Away Little Girl” and “Puppy Love”, catapulting him to teen idol stardom. He went on to host a variety show with sister Marie Osmond from 1976 to approximately 1980, and he starred as Joseph in the Andrew Lloyd Webber play Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat from 1992 – 1997. Finally, in 2009, Donny won the ninth season of Dancing with the Stars. Congratulations, Donny!
- 7. Michael Jackson (August 29, 1958 – June 25, 2009) was really the original pre-teen idol. Recording artist, dancer, singer, songwriter, musician, and philanthropist, Michael Jackson was the original King of Pop. He is recognized as the most successfull entertainer of all time by Guinness World Records. Michael Jackson will forever be remembered for his songs “Thriller”, “Billy Jean”, “Rock With You”, “Man In The Mirror”, “Bad”, “Don’t Stop Till You Get Enough”, and many more. His kind and sweet nature, and his love for humanity has endeared him to millions. We miss you Michael!
- 8. The Backstreet Boys (Brian Littrell, Nick Carter, A.J. McClean, Howie Dorough, Kevin Richardson) with their romantic harmonizing music, have won the hearts of millions of girls throughout America and the world. They rose to fame with their debut international album Backstreet Boys in 1996. The Backstreet Boys have sold over 130 million records worldwide. A thumbs up to the original Boy Band!
- 9. Taylor Swift (December 13, 1989) is the only girl that made our Top 10 Teen Idol list, because she is adored by both boys and girls. Every boy loves her and every girl wants to be her. With songs like “Forever and Always”, “Fifteen”, “Love Story”, and “Today Was A Fairytale”, Taylor’s songs are straight from her heart. She once stated in an interview that, “If you listen to my albums, it’s like reading my diary.” She is a class act!
- 10. Justin Bieber (March 1, 1994) is a Canadian pop/R&B singer-songwriter and actor. Bieber was discovered in 2008 by Scooter Braun who happened to see his videos on YouTube and later became his manager. When Usher heard Bieber perform, he introduced him to L.A Reid who signed him with Island Records. His debut single “One Time” was released worldwide in 2009, and peaked in the Top 10 in Canada and charted in the top thirty in several international markets. His debut release, “”My World”, was released on November 17, 2009, and became certified platinum in the United States. Justin became the first artist to have seven songs from a debut album chart on the Billboard Hot 100. He later went on to release his worldwide top 10 single “Baby” in January 2010, and the “My World 2.0″ album on March 23, 2010. He has since performed on stage in his My World Tour, released the remix albums “My Worlds Acoustic” and “Never Say Never – The Remixes”, and performed and starred in his 3D biography-concert film Justin Bieber: Never Say Never, which grossed an estimated $12.4 million in 3,105 theaters on its opening day. Justin Bieber’s magnificent voice, superb dance moves, charisma, and down-to-earth character make him our top pick for Teen Idol of the Milleneium. Way to go Justin!
Send us your picks for favorite teen idol. We would love to post them on our site!